http://bestflights.co.za/asia/japan/tokyo – Visit for more information on Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo is not a single city, but a constellation of cities that have grown together. With a total population exceeding 13 million in the official metropolitan area alone, it is the most populated urban area in the world. Greater Tokyo has a population of 35 million people. The city, being over 400 years old, grew from a modest fishing village of Edo.
What to see / do
* Koishikawa Korakuen — Oldest and most beautiful Japanese landscape garden
* Shibuya — a center for youth fashion and culture
* The Ginza — most famous upmarket shopping, dining and entertainment district, featuring numerous department stores, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, night clubs and cafes.
* Tokyo Disneyland — A theme park based on the films produced by Walt Disney.
* Tokyo Imperial Palace — A large park area surrounded by moats and massive stone walls and the residence of Japan’s Imperial Family.
* Yasukuni Shrine — Built in order to commemorate and worship those who have died in war for their country
* Yoyogi Koen — One of the largest city parks, featuring wide lawns, ponds and forested areas. It is a great place for jogging, picnicking and other outdoor activities.
* Tokyo International Anime Fair – The Japanese animation industry trade fair, one of the largest animation related events in the world
* The Tokyo Game Show — Held since 1996, it is one of the world’s biggest game shows
* The Sanja Matsuri — A 3-day festival held in celebration of the three founders of Sensoji Temple, who are enshrined as Shinto gods
* The Sanno Matsuri – Festival with a parade that winds through almost 20 kilometers of central Tokyo
* The Tokyo Motor Show — one of the world’s top motor shows, introducing new cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles.