Travelers have been feeling the urge to connect with nature during the past few months, and recent data shows that outdoor experiences are among the top travel goals for 2023. American travelers not only get to discover new amazing landscapes, mountains, lakes, and roads but can also save money while opting for trendy experiences.
According to a recent study published by Campspot, 69% of travelers have listed new places to camp in 2023. “Despite, or even because of, current economic uncertainty, both current and new, younger campers are eager to take even more trips next year to experience the unique benefits that nature has to offer. We’re also seeing travelers turn to camping as a means of keeping costs down as other costs rise,” said Michael Scheinman, Campspot CEO.
We already know about the trendiest international destinations in 2023, but what about the amazing natural places you can find in the United States? From low-cost camping to remote work on RVs, here are the trendy outdoor experiences for next year:
Camping For Less Than $500
Many travelers are concerned about the economy but still want to travel and discover new places, so camping is a great solution. In Campspot’s survey, 53% of campers said that their camping budget was less than $500, and many look for options near their homes to help further reduce costs.
Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
Travel Off Path Recommends These 5 Fast and Easy Travel Insurance Plans To Sign up For Now
Plans starting at only $10 per week
According to Campspot’s data, travelers interested in stargazing, fishing, and connecting with nature have saved these locations for their upcoming trips:
- Santa Cruz Redwoods RV Resort: right in the woods, this camping in California offers travelers many activities, great amenities, and camping spaces starting at $60 per night.
- Sun Outdoors Rocky Mountains: This camping in Colorado is one of Campspot’s award winners in 2022 and offers great views, pools, amenities, and activities with RV sites starting at $65 per night.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort, Golden Valley: Very close to the Blue Ridge Mountains, this camping offers travelers great family vacations in North Carolina with tent areas starting at $52 per night.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort, Tower Park: Right next to the river, this camping site in California is also great for families and includes great attractions for kids. Prices for sites per night start at $79.
- Sun Outdoors Coos Bay: This camping in Oregon offers great spots with oceanfront and good prices starting at $52 per night.
Different campings across the U.S. also offer special promos and deals for travelers to book in advance and enjoy their favorite 2023 outdoor experience.
Remote Work From An RV
This is a new trend, especially among Gen Z and Millennials. Remote work and camping? It’s very possible and is also a great digital nomad experience. According to the study, 47% of young travelers want to take an RV trip in 2023.
RVs can be easily adapted and prepared for remote work —especially considering that now many companies are offering paid time off— while also giving travelers the flexibility to drive and discover new places.
To adventure travelers that enjoy outdoor experiences, RVs are the new office! Many campings with special spaces for RVs also offer good internet connection and great amenities for remote workers.
Discovering New National And State Parks
79% of Campspot users said that they would visit a national or a state park in 2023, and 1 out of 5 said that they visited a national park for the first time this year. The most popular regions with great national parks are:
- North Carolina
And there’s so much to see! There are 423 national park sites in the United States. If you feel the urge to explore nature and can’t wait for 2023, there are impressive national parks that are perfect to visit this fall—like the Grand Canyon and Joshua Tree, and other unique destinations that you must visit during winter, like Death Valley National Park.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com